The ideal candidate for a software engineering position at Pioneer Registration Services would be a web programmer with experience writing all facets of web applications, from SQL to CSS, with a focus on front-end development experience. We’d like someone with strong programming fundamentals and a passion for improving the online registration customer experience -- so you’re probably someone who registers for, or promotes, cycling, running or skiing events.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Contribute to the architecture, design, and coding of our ASP.NET (4.0) web applications, backed by VB.NET/ C# and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Assist in the migration of our legacy classic ASP code to ASP.NET.
• Provide input and execute on efforts to improve the efficiency and quality of our development projects.
• Participate and contribute to ad-hoc development projects as they arise.
• Ensure system design adheres to standards and includes appropriate security services and audit controls.
• A degree in Computer Science or comparable professional software development experience
• Excellent knowledge of OOP Concepts & Design Patterns
• Excellent organizational, problem solving, coding, unit testing and debugging skills
• Solid understanding of Microsoft .Net Framework
• Knowledge of, and adherence to proper development and design practices
• Proficiency in user-interface design
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• 5+ years professional experience
• Strong knowledge and experience and experience in .NET Technologies (ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, VB.NET and/or C#)
• Strong knowledge and experience with Mobile Web application development and best practices
• Experience with JQuery
• Working knowledge of Relational database (SQL Server/ Oracle) and SQL development skills. SQL Server preferred
• ASP Classic/VBscript knowledge
Working at Pioneer Registration Services
Pioneer Registration Services offers registration, results, and fundraising solutions through its different sport-specific sites: BikeReg.com, RunReg.com, SkiReg.com, AthleteReg.com, PledgeReg.com, crossresults.com, and road-results.com. We have been working closely with promoters and participants for over a decade.
Here at Pioneer we are all competitive endurance athletes and are passionate about the sports we're involved with. While we are a driven team of professionals, we also enjoy a flexible work environment. Benefits include a competitive annual salary, medical insurance, professional development tuition reimbursement plan, and retirement program. We also provide an entry fee reimbursement program so you can get out to the events and represent our company.
We are located in the beautiful Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts - a great place for cycling, running, and skiing. Come join our team!